A therapist has to be able to connect with both members of the couple in order to help them connect with each other. It’s not always an easy task, but it’s one that I love.
I work with couples who:
- are fighting over sex, money, parenting–you name it!
- are emotionally distant, living like roommates
- want to feel in love again
- no longer feel heard or appreciated
- struggle with intimacy and sex (for more on my sex therapy services, please click here)
- have experienced infidelity
- feel stuck and would like to forgive and move past old mistakes, miscommunications, and trauma
- are remarried and having a hard time blending families
- are experiencing the stress of fertility or medical issues
My couples work is based in attachment theory, which is scientifically validated and says that a strong emotional bond will help sustain not only your relationship but each of you. By knowing that someone truly has your back, you’ll feel better in all areas of your life.
Studies have proven emotionally focused therapy (EFT) is effective, but more importantly, you’ll feel it for yourself. Being more connected to your partner has many benefits to both of you, and if you have children, it’ll benefit them as well. They’ll see every day what a healthy, loving partnership looks like.
For more about my personal connection to EFT, please click here.
Please call or email. I’d love to talk more about your particular situation and how couples therapy can help.